Monday, 4 September 2017

Sparkle and shine

Hi Everyone,

Mirella here again! I have to admit to you all, I have not been spending a lot of time in my craft room during summer. I am slowly coming back to it now, and I am so glad that my creativity and mojo have not left me entirely! :o)

Today, I am sharing my "sparkle and shine" creations with you - somehow, all that was on my mind was gold & glitter/sparkle! 

CARD 1 - Almost a galaxy








1. I created the background with my Distress Inks. I started by choosing a placement for the yellow "glow", and then gradually built up the darker night sky around it (I used a combination of pinks, purples and some Black Soot). To finish off the background, I sprinkled it with some water, and then added some golden droplets here and there. It looked amazing when finished! 
2. I stamped the two beautiful images of lanterns in the adequate space - I love how pretty and intricate they are!
3. I added the sentiment - I heat embossed the sentiment in gold on a strip of black paper, and I mounted it on my panel with some dimensional foam.
4. Finally, I adhered the whole panel to a top folding card base. Pity the photos don't show all of the golden sparkle - it looks really lovely! 



CARD 2 - Watercoloured florals






1. This card is the debut of me using my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers - I got a set for my birthday, and until now was too scared to open & use them! I think now I will find it hard to put them away! ;o)
2. I stamped & heat embossed the floral images on watercolour paper, and coloured them with the Zigs. I also covered some of the images with some Wink of Stella glitter pen. I then fussy cut them all, leaving a small white boarder around the images.
3. For my main panel, I used a kraft-coloured cardstock. I heat embossed its edges with gold embossing powder, used the same powder for the sentiment, and also sprinkled the whole panel with some home-made golden mist/spray. 
4. You might not see it at first glance, but I added a strip of very delicate white tulle around the area where I knew I was going to place my flowers - it adds a nice detail and some texture to the card.
5. I then adhered my floral arrangement to the tulle & cardstock, making sure to use dimensional foam here and there, for additional interest. 
6. To finish off the card, I adhered a few of the lovely Mudra sequins in matching colours & mounted the finished panel on a card base. 



CARD 3 - Spinner card with the use of a mirror stamped image








1. Being part of the Design Team here in Mudra means that I need to get out of my comfort zone sometimes, and challenge myself a little. This time, I had to try mirror stamping for the first time! :o)
2. I decided to use this cute piggy, but whilst working on the mirror image - I made sure not to stamp the pig's "face", as I wanted to use the image for my spinner element --> therefore, I wanted a front and a back of the piggy. 
3. Once the stamping was done (I'll admit, it didn't work out too well for me, but it was good enough that I could trace over the image with a pen), I coloured the images with my Zigs (told you, I'll be using these now!), and fussy cut them. 
4. I then created the spinning element, by sandwiching some golden thread between the two coloured images, and placing it all in a die-cut circle opening that I created with my die cutting machine & a circle die. 
5. To cover the thread on the front, I added some patterned paper on top. 
6. On the inside, I stamped multiples of "Celebrate" in Versamark Ink, just to have a delicate accent behind the piggy when the card is closed, and I added "It's your pig day" underneath in black - the recipient will only see the full message when they open the card. 
7. Finally, I added some white cardstock on the back of the card, so that I have some space for writing a message. I really love spinner cards, they're so much fun! 



I hope you enjoyed my sparkling & golden cards today. 

If - like me - you want to challenge yourself with a new technique, or if you're already familiar with mirror stamping, and you want to play some more with the technique - do remember about our current challenge! You can find all the details here


Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

The Craft Shop
Hndmd
Crafts Need
Anandha Stationery
Hindustan Trading Company
Kat Scrappiness
Art and Craft Store - Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Papercurves, UAE
Scrapbook Boutique, Australia


Have a great day,
Mirella

4 comments: