Thursday, 10 August 2017

Spotlight Technique - Some More Inspiration...

Hi! Nandini here with my inspiration for the Mudra Challenge #12 - Spotlight Technique.


This is a new technique for me and I was quite excited to try it. I made three cards using variations of the same.

The spotlight technique is a great way of enhancing only a part of the whole design. It works especially well with very detailed or busy stamps and also background stamps.

Here is my first card


I used my all time favorite Simply Floral stamp set to create this card.


1. Take a suitable piece of white card stock and randomly stamp the images with black ink.

2. Cut two strips of the Stamping Mask Paper and adhere to the stamped panel. This a great new product by Mudra and I love it!

3. Color the images with your choice of coloring medium. I used the simple brush pens by Camlin.

4. Let the panel dry completely before die cutting it. Mount it over a black mat on the card base.

5. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the Let's Party stamp set with some blue EP.

Products Used:


 

For the second card, I decided to use heat embossing


I used a kraft card base and some metallic embossing powders to create my card. Here is a closer look at the card.



1. Cut the card base to size and another panel which will be spotlighted.

2. Stamp on the panel with Versamark and on the card base with black dye ink. I found it easiest to use a stamp positioner in this step. You can use a variety of embossing powders to make your butterflies really pop.

3. Once the stamping is done, color the butterflies with your favorite coloring medium.

4. Mount the panel on a black mat and then adhere to the card base ensuring that the butterflies are aligned.

Stamps Used:



For the third and final card I decided to step out of the box


I used a panel I had in my stash on which I had done some rainbow coloring.

1. Take a transparent paper like vellum cover with the stencil. Apply Versamark ink through the stencil and then heat emboss with opaque white EP.

2. Cut the colored panel and vellum to size. Die cut a circle out of the side of both panels. This will be the spotlight panel.

3. Adhere the vellum panel on top of the colored panel and attach it to the black card base.

4. Stamp the sentiment with Versamark and heat emboss with gold EP. I used the sentiment from the Persian Elements stamp set.

5. Pop up the sentiment panel with some foam tape.

6. To finish add some of the beautiful sequins by Mudra Craft Stamps.

Products Used:



I hope you liked my cards and are inspired to create something beautiful. Please don't forget to link your creations to our gallery here.


And do stay tuned to our blog to catch all the wonderful inspiration that my talented teamies have in store for you.

Love,
Nandini

Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Papercurves, UAE

2 comments:

  1. All cards r just awesome & lots of lots of inspiration!!
    Thank you for the great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete