Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Guest Designer - Preeti Datta

Hello!!!

Happy Monday Morning!! Hope you all had a great weekend. Today we have a very talented crafter who makes everything from cards, layouts and other paper craft projects!! Pretti Dutta (aka Dutt Preety) She has a very versatile style, I totally love the way she inks, embellish and layer her Mixed Media Layouts!!! 

Let’s see what she has to inspire us today!!

** PICTURE HEAVY POST**




"Hi friends !
First of all, I’d like to say a big thanks to Varshitha for having me as a Guest Designer. I had a lot of fun making projects and made quite a few because of all the excitement.  I will be sharing the projects in 2 posts, this is part 1 and part 2 will follow soon. I’ve done simple cards here, some of these are in the CAS style. CAS, for the uninitiated means Clean and Simple, essentially it is about preserving white space, having minimal layers with the less is more approach. I find it a particularly challenging style because there is nothing to hide behind, since there are very few elements on the card. So, let’s get started.  

In cards 1 to 5, I have stamped on watercolor paper and then done simple watercoloring with zig clean color real brush markers and an aqua brush.

Card 1:  


Mudra Supplies Used: Stamp- Hummingbirds, Mini Bunch and Mudra Sequins- Harvest Mix


Card 2:


Mudra Supplies Used: Mini Stamp- Floral Flourish

Card 3:


Mudra Supplies Used: Stamp- Crazy Monsters

Card 4:




Mudra Supplies Used: Mini Stamp- Mini Bunch

Card 5:



Mudra Supplies Used: Mini Stamp- Whaley Love, Mudra Clear Sequins

Card 6:



Card 7:

Mudra Supplies Used: Stamp- Floral Fantasy #1
For both cards 6 and 7, I have done ink blending using distress oxides and distress inks and then for added interest, created oxidization marks with water. I love this stamp set, so made 2 similar designs using it.

Card 8:



Mudra Supplies Used: Stamp- Doodled Elements, Mudra Sequins- Harvest Mix
For this card, I stamped the images on watercolor paper, did some basic coloring with zigs and then fussy cut the images. Did ink smooshing on the card panel to create an organic looking background and then adhered the fussy cut images to the panel. Finished the card with a few sequins and ink splatter. 


Card 9:



Mudra Supplies Used: Mini Stamp- Nuts About You, Mudra Sequins- Candy Pink
This is such a very cute stamp set so wanted to make a shaker card with it. I’ve added die cuts and sequins as the shaker elements.

Hope you liked the projects!
Would love to read your wonderful comments.
Thanks a lot for your time.

Stay Blessed and Happy Crafting.”

Here is all you have to keep your crafty mojo up for the whole week. I totally enjoyed the prettiness and variations she showed in each cards! I am sure you all liked it too!!

3 More days to participate in current Challenge #12 - Spotlight Challenge

Here is the sneak peak for the Upcoming release: 




So Stay Tuned for more updates!!

Happy Crafting!! 

Love, 

Varshitha

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations Preeti. The cards are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton dear Rutuja :) I'm so happy you liked them

      Delete
  2. Congrats Preeti on GDT! Such a great post with variety of creations, all are so pretty, especially love the doodled blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot mam for always encouraging :) that doodled stamp set is one of my new favorites :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats Preeti..Beautiful cards..love each one of them..hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch dear Deepti :) I'm so glad you liked them.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Preeti. Beautiful Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Rashmee :) thats so kind of you.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards Preeti... Congrats... All are lovely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear Anila :) thrilled that you liked them.

      Delete
  6. Wow absolutely beautiful cards I super like all of them ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Pooja :) you are so sweet, thanks for always supporting my lil attempts.

      Delete
  7. Congrats Preeti....I loved you cards and such wide range of colors and designs.
    Hugs
    Mukta
    VREnchanted Color, Craft and more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton dear mukta :) thats so sweet. Thanks for always encouraging me.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations preethi...such beautiful cards..Every card is so different from the other..love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much arpita :) im so happy you liked them

      Delete
  9. Congratulations preethi...such beautiful cards..Every card is so different from the other..love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your GD post Preety !! I loved all your cards..looking forward to part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. am so glad to see you here as the Guest Designer Preeti.. I just went a little "yay" and then my jaw dropped seeing your spectacular cards. You are so talented and I'll never be tired of saying so. Now I'll have to buy these adorable stamps because am so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton dear Ishani :) you are really very kind, I'm thrilled that you liked them :) the mini stamps this time are sooo cute

      Delete
    2. How can i learn the art of such fantastic work??

      Delete
  12. Oooh my goodness, you've been busy! Lots of lovely creations! :-)

    ReplyDelete