Thursday, 9 March 2017

Birthdays and celebrations

Hi Everyone,

Mirella here. I hope you're enjoying our fantastic celebrations as much as we, the Creative Team, are! Have you participated in our amazing blog hop already? There are loads of prizes up for grabs - I'm kind of jealous that I cannot be eligible to win! ;o)

As you know, this month it's all about the "Celebration" theme, and so I am sharing some birthday cards with you. 

Card 1 - more vintage/masculine



1. I die cut a square panel with a cross-stitched die and crumpled it in my hands a little bit, to give it an old, kind of vintage look.
2. To stick with the look I was going for, I blended on Distress Inks in colours that would make the background look like old, stained paper.
3. I stamped the flower details with black ink. Then, instead of inking up the normal "front" side of the stamps, I added Distress Inks to the back of the flower stamps (the ones with the detail) - this gave me a solid shape of the flowers, yet a slightly different one to the solid stamp provided in the stampset - I like the fact that this way the shape of the petals matches the shape of the details more. It's also a little bit more "organic". 
4. I added some flat golden sequins here and there, and stamped the sentiment.
5. The main panel was mounted on a slightly bigger square cut from black cardstock, and then adhered to a top folding card base.


Card 2 - Feminine florals




1. I cut a tag shaped panel with a nice stitched outline.
2. I stamped and fussy cut a few flowers from the Daisy Blooms set and arranged them on the tag.
3. I added the sentiment and a few rose-gold sequins.
4. The tag was then mounted on a panel of matching patterned paper & these were adhered to a black top folding card base.
5. I cut out another tag shape out of white paper and added it on the inside of the card, so that the message can be written on it. 

Stamps used:


Don't forget to participate in our monthly challenge: Celebration


Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

See you again soon,

Mirella

12 comments: