Thursday, 24 November 2016

Guest Designer - Karthikha Uday.

Hello crafty folks,

Today we have the extremely talented Karthikha Uday with us, sharing her creations with Mudra stamps. She is known for her CAS cards and ATC. She loves to try out new techniques and creates amazing cards. Let us hop over to see what she has for us today.


Over to Karthikha,



Hello Crafty Folks!

I’m so excited to be guest designing at Mudra today! I just lovvvve Mudra stamps! You get wonderful crisp images every time and so many versatile designs to choose! And who wouldn’t boast being proud of Indian products! Thank you Varshitha for this wonderful opportunity, and my hearty wishes for your beautiful journey ahead ☺

And a little about me?
I’m an IT tech lead by profession, and a crafter by passion. I hail from the district of Erode, in TamilNadu, and settled in Hyderabad.
I would say my crafting journey began ever since I was in school when I used to make simple greeting cards, origami objects and looking forward to the Arts and Crafts period every week. Once I came into the IT industry, I took it one level up by gifting my colleagues with a birthday card. I love the joy of giving something handmade and seeing the happiness from the receiver's eyes! I entered the world of crafters in Oct 2014 through contests and it has been a great learning experience over time! I started learning stamping and other techniques, tools, blogging and a still a long way to go! Apart from cards, I do quilling and try my hands on some DIY projects when I find time.

My Social Galleries:

On to the cards I created, I’ve focussed on the current challenge -  Challenge #3 - Create Background with Stamps and made 3 different cards.

Here is the first one. 

  1. Take a white Bielo cardstock, trim to the required size and blend Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick distress inks.
  2. Once you get the desired colours, spray a fine mist of water from a little distance. This allows the inks to react and blend, creating a beautiful effect.
  3. Stamp random flowers and leaves from the Botanical Blooms stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
  4. Cover the edges of the panel also in some partial stamping, so that the panel looks complete.
  5. Stamp the sentiment from Peony Love onto black cardstock using Versamark ink, and heat emboss using gold embossing powder.
  6. Trim the sentiment to the shape of a label and attach to the distressed panel.
  7. Attach the panel to black cardstock, and add it to the main top folding metallic orange card base.

    For the second and third cards, I have used the Mendika stampsets. It is such a versatile stampset and you can see how 2 cards can be similar yet so different!

     
  1. Take a white Bielo cardstock and trim to the required size.
  2. I wanted the card to be floral, so stamped different flowers and leaves using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I have used the masking technique here to achieve the cluster effect.
  3. Once the stamping is done, I coloured the flowers and leaves using distress inks and water brush. I’m a beginner in colouring, so I tried to get some shading (if you can see any ☺)
  4. I felt the card was still missing something after colouring the flowers, so I went ahead and filled the white space with yellow (Mustard Seed distress ink). Now that became vibrant and colourful!
  5. What better match than a black top folding card base? I attached the panel to the card base using tacky tape.
  6. I also stamped the birthday sentiment from Let’s Party stamp set onto black cardstock using Itsy Bitsy Gold pigment ink. It is attached using foam tape to give a little dimension.






Onto the third card, it is a very simple and quick one!

Onto the third card, it is a very simple and quick one!
  1. Take a white Bielo cardstock and trim to the required size.
  2. Stamp flowers, leaves and designs from the Mendika stamp set using Altenew Frosty Pink ink.
  3. I didn’t care much about the stamping and went random, filling up the white space and covering the edges too.
  4. I then stamped the sentiment from Let’s Party stamp set using Versamark ink onto baby pink cardstock and heat embossed using white embossing powder.
  5. Added a few pearls to get more interest and dimension.
  6. Attach the sentiment to the background panel and then onto the top folding pink card base.



  1. Stamps used:
          Botanical Blooms                                                                              Peony Love

                                      

           Let's Party                                                                                                 Mendhika


                                                                 





















Hope you like my cards, and I wish I inspire you to create and participate in the current challenge ☺
Thank you so much Karthikha, for sharing such amazing inspirational cards.  
So folks, do participate in our ongoing challenge -  
You can shop for Mudra stamps here:

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Karthi..love the shades of first one..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are so beautiful Karthika! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Karthikha!! Great to have you at Mudra as GDT :)
    Absolutely love the blending in 1st card, pop of colors on 2nd, and a subtle pastel shades on 3rd card. Keep creating...Way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sathya :) Loved to have been featured here :)

      Delete
  4. beautiful cards,congrats on your GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vibrant & bright, colorful & cheerful, soft & pleasing :) you totally rocked it dear, love all the 3 cards <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Karthika. Liked the yellow and the pastel pink. Play of colours. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards dear n congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!! Beautiful blending!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to see you here Karthikha! All cards are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete