Today we have a Guest Designer with Simple and Striking projects.
Let's hear now from Sabiha Khan :)
"Hi Every one!
I am Sabiha Khan from Ahmedabad. I am a house wife, mother of two lovely kids and a passionate crafter at heart. I love Art & Craft and always wished to learn more & try new things. Recently while making scrapbooks came across this beautiful world of card making with different techniques. I love to make cards and gift them to my loved ones.
I am very much excited and honored to guest design for Mudra Crafts Stamps. Thankyou so much Varsitha for giving me this opportunity, this is my first ever opportunity to guest design for any company and would like to thank Mudra for this.
Today, I am here with my four different cards which I hope you all would love to see.
I have made two cards with masking technique, which is this month’s challenge too. The third card is with Heat embossing and coloring technique. In the last one I have made the background with smooching technique and the elements with heat embossing.
- Took a water color card stock and Mudra’s beautiful “Gometric nature” stamp set.
- Took flower image and masked the image in such a way that only one petal can be stamped.
- Here single petal of flower is used as a diamond for the ring image.
- Stamped the diamond image using Archieval black ink.
- Used ranger bullet tip embossing pen to make the ring n heat embossed it with silver EP.
- Coloured the diamond using gray zig marker n added some silver shimmer to give it a zing.
- The ring is ready, now masked it using a masking paper cut in round shape.
- Made rays around the circle using a masking tape.
- Used distress inks fossiled amber and spied marmalade to make the rays.
- For the bottom of the card used peacock feathers distress inks.
- Remove all the masking and see the beautiful image of the ring with rays around it.
- To finish off the card stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with black archival ink.
- Adhere the card on a black card stock and its ready.
- Took a water color card stock.
- Made a thick border around the card stock with masking tape leaving just a rectangular window in the middle.
- Took the stamp “ WITH LOADS OF LOVE” from the LOVE STAMP SET of MUDRA. Stamped the background with different colors of MOMENTO Inks.
- Distressed the edges of the window with Spun Sugar Distress Inks.
- Took Vellum and heat embossed the heart shaped balloons from the same stamp set with white embossing powder.
- Colored the balloons from the back side with Zig Markers.
- Took out the masking tape and adhered the balloons in such a way that they overlap each other. The overlapped area has a different color which is the combination of both the colors of the balloons.
- Took some red and white color twines and made strings of the balloons.
- Heat embossed the sentiment on a dark pink card stock with White EP.
- Adhered it on the bottom of the card.
- Distressed the edges of the card with picked raspberry distressed inks.
- Took a slightly larger card stock and adhered the prepared card on it.
- It’s ready.
- Used geometric nature stamp set in this card.
- Took a water color CS and made random lines creating triangles using Ranger Embossing Bullet tip pen. Then heat embossed it with clear EP.
- Colored the triangular shapes with zig marker pens to create this beautiful background.
- Stamped few matching flowers from the stamp set with distress inks.
- Took two different colored card stocks and stamped the butterfly image using versa mark and white embossing powder.
- To give the dimension to the image, shaded the wings with embossing pen and white Faber castle water color pencils.
- Fussy cut the butterflies and adhered it on the card with foam tape to give them a raised look.
- Heat embossed the sentiment and adhered it in the middle of the card.
- It’s ready.
- Used Mudra’s Zinnia stamp for this card.
- Took water colored card stock.
- Applied two distress inks, Crushed Olives and Twisted Citron on a craft sheet.
- Sprayed water on it and smooched the card stock to get the beautiful background.
- Randomly stamped the background with Mudra’s “OLD SCRIPT” stamp with peeled paint distress ink.
- Heat embossed two Zinnia flowers and “HUGS” sentiment from Mudra's “LOVE” stamp set with gold embossing powder.
- Colored only the middle of the flowers and fussy cut them.
- Took all the images and adhered them with foam tapes to finish off the card.
- Adhered the ready card on a golden card stock.
- It’s ready.
Guys, hope you enjoyed my post. Happy crafting. Leave your love and comments ."
We absolutely loved the variety shared here by Sabiha Khan and the way she used the Stampsets. Hope you love it too!!