Tuesday, 1 August 2017

Mudra Challenge #12 - Spotlight Technique

Heya!!!

Today I (Ria) and Mirella are on this side to bring Mudra Challenge #12 - Spotlight Technique to you.



Spotlight Technique is great to spotlight any part of the image that you use. It's fun to use the stamps especially those which are detailed.

Our fellow Design Team Members will provide you a plenty of inspirations throughout the month; so, don't forget to participate in our current monthly challenge.

Now to my card:




  • Firstly take the Simply floral stamps and stamp on a small cardstock using masking method.
  • Adhere it on to a black cardstock and stick temporarily on to a white card base.
  • Take a shaped die and cut it through. 
  • Here, I have colored the florals in the heart die cut.
  • After coloring, I have adhered the heart die cut with a double sided foam tape.
  • The sentiment is from the same set.
Stamps Used:



Now to Mirella's Card:


I decided to try a bit of an unconventional approach to the Spotlight Stamping Technique, and - instead of opting for the more traditional circular or square shape of the highlighted element - used a die-cut "thanks" sentiment. You'll see the more "traditional" examples of this technique in my post coming later this month :o)





How I made this card:
  •  I created the stamped panel, using a lot of masking. I love how this floral arrangement turned out! 
  • I then cut out the word "thanks", using a metal die. I coloured the die-cut word carefully, making sure that my shading was in line with what it would have looked like if I had to colour the whole image. I added some additional glittery elements here and there with a glitter pen - you can see these in the close-up photo.
  •  For dimension, I added 3 additional layers of the word "thanks" underneath the coloured one. Instead of cutting the word from white cardstock, however, I used a teal one - you can't really see it in the photos, but in real life the teal cardstock helped the sentiment pop, and gave it a nice optical illusion of a tiny frame around the word. 
  • I adhered a few of the lovely Mudra sequins on the panel, and mounted the whole lot on a matching teal card base.
  •  The hidden sentiment and the spotlight technique is what makes this card stand out amongst other designs - I am really happy with how it turned out, and can't wait to play more! I hope you join us & try this technique as well - I can't wait to see what you create!
Supplies Used:

 


 I hope you join us and try this technique as well - I can't wait to see what you create!

Challenge Rules

You can create Cards/Layout/Canvas
  • Stamping should be focus.
  • Use of Mudra products is must to qualify for the challenge.
  • Last date of submission is 31st Aug 2017.
  • Please go through General Guidelines hereAny entrants not following the rules, will be disqualified and will not be eligible for the challenge.
Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

The Craft Shop
Hndmd

Crafts Need
Anandha Stationery
Hindustan Trading Company
Kat Scrappiness
Art and Craft Store - Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Papercurves, UAE

Scrapbook Boutique, Australia



Love,
Ria and Mirella!


12 comments:

  1. Such interesting technique and gorgeous inspirations! Would love to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards. The first card is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great inspiration would love to join...missed the last had a great idea for that but could not get it ready in time to upload....may next time..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting challenge :) And beautiful creations team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting technique for the monthly challenge , Lovely cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow both gorgeous, inspirational cards girls - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, RIA! Can't wait to see what others create :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Mirella! I am equally excited to see what others create

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your challenges are such a great way to learn new, fab techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful inspirations Ria and Mirella.love them.It's truly a fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! When n where will be the winners announced for August challenge?

    ReplyDelete