Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Pull Tab Slider Card


Hello everyone! This is Deepti Stephens and today is my turn to show you something interactive! Yes! the current challenge here at Mudra's blog is Interactive Cards/Projects. I have a simple interactive card , a Pull Tab Slider Card for you today. I really didn't have much time to film a video or do a photo tutorial. Actually I made this card a couple of weeks back!! So I am sorry I couldn't able to do anything! If possible I will come up with more ideas and video in the next assigned post :)


The stamps and embellishments that I used for my project are Simply Florals, Geometric Nature, Clear and Gold Sequins.

 


CARD MAKING PROCESS


I started by ink smooshing the background with Camlin Brush Markers in Dark Blue and Violet colors. To add more texture I added droplets of water mixed with Perfect Pearls in Biscotti color. Also added droplets of Gold Pigment Paint from ColorArte. I kept the panel aside to dry.


I stamped the butterfly from Geometric Nature in Versamark ink and heat embossed with Zing White Embossing Powder and flowers from Simply Floral in London Fog ink. Then I water colored the images with the same Camlin Brush Markers in Deep Pink and Orange


Once the panel is dry, I cut a slit, I drew a line in the middle of the panel and cut the center portion of the card with a paper knife leaving the top and bottom portions uncut. Sounds confusing!! Do not worry, I will come up with a video soon!! :) 


Next I die-cut a tag from Sizzix and I placed the tag behind the card panel, took a piece of card, inserted into the groove with foam tape on one side and red sticky tape on the other side! I stacked the stamped images and adhered onto the piece of card which is movable!


Next I adhered the foam tape on the backside of the panel making sure that the tag doesn't move while pulling. Then I stamped the sentiment on the tag with Archival Jet Black Ink. I adhered the panel onto the card base, also threaded the white twine through the hole of the tag and embellished the card front with clear and gold sequins.

Below is the video on how this Pull Tab Slider Card works. I will come up with a full tutorial very soon :)


And also don't forget to play along with our current challenge #11 - Interactive Card / Project


Mudra stamps are now available at the following retailers:

Thank you so much for stopping by. See you very soon! :)

2 comments: