Thursday, 20 July 2017

MERMAID CARDS | PICTORIAL


Hello everyone! This is Deepti Stephens and welcome back. Today I have two Mermaid Cards to share with you all. I used Mermaid stamp set for my project today. Let's start.


Pull Tab Slider Card with Pictorial


I stamped the images that wanted to go on my card with Archival Jet Black Ink and water colored them using Faber-Castell Connector pens. I purposely used a regular card stock for water coloring as I wanted that textured look on my images.


Next I ink blended over the card panel with Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Ink just to mimic an ocean. And then added splatters of water for some texture.


I cut off the tail of the Mermaid as I wanted it to fit in my card.


I also cut a tiny slit across the card panel so that the Mermaid can slide in and out freely.



Next I flipped over the panel, here you can see the back of the card and the back of the Mermaid too.


Now place some glue or you can use sticky tape on the back of the Mermaid as shown in the above picture


and adhere a card strip as shown above.


Next I cut a slit on the card panel right behind the Mermaid,


and inserted a small piece of card stock and adhered it to the strip


and to the body of the Mermaid to gain more retention while pulling.


I then adhered the foam tape behind the card panel. Do not adhere any glue behind the strip as it ceases the movement of the strip.


Now punch a hole into the strip and thread some twine. This twine helps pulling up and pushing down the Mermaid.


I adhered all the images slightly below the slit. In the above picture we can see that the Mermaid is peeping!


And in this picture, Mermaid just came out and saying hi :)


I hope the pictorial is clear. But if you have any doubts please don't hesitate to comment below. I am ready to help and answer!


I hope you like it. Now let's move on to the second card!

CARD  #2


I die-cut the wave out of blue card stock with Under the Sea thinlit dies from Sizzix


Next I stamped the Mermaids and cut off their bodies and used only tails on my project. Next I adhered the tails behind the wave!


Finally stamped the sentiment and added splatters of black paint. And also embellished the card with a few clear sequins.


I hope you like my cards and I hope you would also play along with our current challenge where the theme is Interactive Cards/projects. Thank you so much for stopping by. See you soon :)

Mudra stamps are now available at the following retailers:

4 comments: