Saturday, 3 June 2017

Mermaid Kisses - Card and tags!

Hello,

This is Ujjwal today bringing to you some fresh inspiration for this month's challenge theme using the newest and the cutest released stamps.

So first up, I have these 3 super cute mermaid tags to share with you.


I used Canson Montval Watercolor Paper to cut the tags out. Then I used distress oxides diluted with water and smooshed it onto the watercolor paper. Let dry and you will have these cool colorful backgrounds.



I then stamped and colored the mermaid images on watercolor paper using Tombow Markers and Faber-Castell watercolor pencils.


After fussy cutting the mermaids, I stamped the sentiment on each tag and used dimensional adhesive to add the mermaids.

The next card is based on this month's challenge theme "Triple Time Stamping/Stencilling" and I did both stamping and stenciling on this one.



I started with 3 panels of white cardstock measuring 5", 3 3/4", 2 1/2" temporarily adhered one on top of another. Then I used Broken China Distress Oxide Ink to color them all together. Next, I added a little bit of Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink towards the bottom for some added depth and interest. Then I used the Doodle Cluster stencil and lay it on the panel and sprayed some water using a mister. Lift the stencil carefully and because the Distress Oxides react with water, the stenciled background would be subtly visible. Next, I stamped all the images to build the underwater scene, colored and cut out the mermaid and stamped the sentiment.

Then I separated the 3 layers and added mats to each layer and adhered them back together. It looks complicated but actually is very easy to do.

I hope you liked the projects today!

Also, don't forget to play in our current Monthly Challenge # 10 - Triple Time Stamping/Stenciling



Products Used


Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 
Papercurves, UAE

5 comments:

  1. Cheerful and fresh ! Loved the bright colored tags a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercolor backgrounds...Love the DO play there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring ! Loved the vibrant tags much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all really cute!

    ReplyDelete