Hello friends!! This is Kanan, hope you are having a great week. I am here with few cards with some simple techniques and tips to create interesting backgrounds to give your projects a unique look.
Let's get started.
First Card -
- Chose the beautiful butterfly image from the "Geometric Nature" set and colored it using Crayola fine line markers and used the water brush to give it a watercolor look.
- Embossed the front panel using the "Mandala" stencil.
- Added some splatters using gold acrylic paint and some Wink of Stella on butterfly.
- Added the butterfly on that and matching glitter strip
- The sentiment is from the same set. Hope you will like this simple dry embossing technique which gives so much texture and adds interest to your focal image.
Second Card -
- For this card I chose "Decorative Pennants", got idea for this card from Pinterest.
- Stamped the triangles in shades of yellow, pink and orange shades.
- Added the craft thread. The sentiment is from "Sentiment - In Circle"
- Lastly added the whole panel on the card base.
- Kept it simple as I don't wanted to overshadow the bright colors with any embellishments.
- I love how only stamping using bright colors can add so much interest to a clean and simple card.
Third Card -
- Used "Build A Ribbon" set to create the background.
- Used various shades of Distress inks and sprints some water and stamped it directly to achieve watercolor look.
- Created sentiment using the " Painted Alpha" set. Fussy cut it and added some foam tape for dimension.
- Lastly, added some Wink of Stella glitter pen on sentiment and Mudra's Radium Green, Yellow, Harvest Mix, Sugar Plum Mix sequins.
- Those pop of alphas look lovely on that rainbow background.
Fourth Card -
- This card is a birthday card created with this months "Chalkboard Technique" theme.
- White embossed the balloons from the "Balloons" set
- Added some details with colored pencils and white gel pen and also added some white chalk ink for more real look.
- Lastly, added some patterned paper and stickers to embellish the card.
- Love this technique and goes so well with any theme project.
I hope you will like my cards and get inspired. If you have any question, please leave a comment and I will be happy to help you.
Also, don't forget to play along in our Monthly challenge, where the theme is "Chalkboard Technique"
Happy Crafting!! :-)
Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:
Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka
Crafters Corner, India