Thursday, 16 March 2017

Beautiful Butterflies

Hi everyone,

Ria on this side. Its time for bright colored cards again. Wear your sunglasses today to see all of them.

I wanted to try masking technique with the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set. As I have been repeatedly saying, this is my favourite and the best butterfly stamp set. *yes*

CARD 1:


  • First I took a card stock and stamped the butterflies randomly.
  • Then I stamped on the masking papers and masked each butterfly.
  • I blended distress inks to make a background and later sprayed mists n it.
  • I finished it off with the sentiment from Dare to fly on vellum stuck to a circular die cut.



I colored the butterflies with light shades and later with Wink of Stella for the shimmer.

I hope you have liked it. I got carried away and made another one:

CARD 2:


This time I didn't spray mist water on it and preferred a smooth background. I left the edges or borders when I masked the butterflies as I loved the blank spaces to be as outlines which are giving a contrast to the colors.

I got a lil carried way with the butterflies and I tried the Geometric Nature set. I must say, if you are a butterfly lover and want something to experiment and color with, this is the set for you!

CARD 3:


  •  I took the geometric butterfly and heat embossed in white.
  • I colored them with felt pens and them fussy cut it.
  • I adhered it on a grey cardstock coupled with washi tapes.
  • I took that tiny butterfly from the same set, stamped, fussy cut and finished it with glossy accent.
  • The sentiment is also from the same set.




I hope you have liked the projects.

Stamps Used:


Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

That's all for today.

See ya
Ria

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful array of butterfly cards Ria..I too love butterfly stamps..and my fav is the last one..the bright butterfly is shining against the neutral background....Waiting for Ria to use Ria Stamp;}
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ria these are all so amazing! Love love love the bright colours and that gorgeous ink blending on the second card. The geometric butterfly is beautifully coloured too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely set of cards :) love the bright colours used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Ria!! Love all the vibrant colors and pretty designs of your cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Bright and Vibrant Butterflies!!! Love it loads!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Ria! Especially love the rainbow colored geometric butterfly !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! You know that I love butterflies, too! And so I simply have no chance but to love your cards ;-)

    ReplyDelete