Monday, 27 February 2017

Anything but NOT cards

Hello all

Ria on this side :) We hope you are enjoying crafting with the new release of Mudra. Ain't they irresistible? The DT package still makes me happy like a child *grin*.

This time I thought No cards! Why not some bookmarks...or something pretty new!

So, let us explore whats in store for today's post. But...be patient as this post is heavy with loads of pictures.

CATEGORY 1 : BOOKMARKS




  • I colored the piece of paper with transparent colors and splattered white acrylic. 
  • Then embossed the sentiment from Bookmark set in silver and white.



The same technique I have applied here but with different colors.


You can try them with more colors.



Here I have changed the sentiment on a subtle background.




  • I created the background with transparent colors in four shades.
  • I drew lines with colors and then diluted them with little water to create this pattern.
  • These took no time to make. As you can see the background is irregular, which I love about everytime.



This time I tried with different stamp sets. The sentiment is the best I have ever come across and the font is totally unmatched. I never bought or invested in any sentiment stamp. But this stamp made me in love with sentiments particularly. 
  • I have used Daisy bloom for the contrast and it worked pretty well. 
  • Layering is new to me so as dye inks (not even a month old), so whatever I have bought I created my own shades of layering. 
  • I have used Ranger Dye ink and Hero Arts Ombre ink pads to pick up the desired colors.
  • I have used Dare to fly sentiment set.



Another beautiful sentiment, isn't it?  This time in the layered inks of Altenew Red cosmos and the greens(Mowed lawn) with distress inks. the sentiment is Go Confidently.



Much of Bookmarks, now some stickers!

CATEGORY 2: TRANSPARENT STICKERS

Before I jump onto the procedure, Lets have a look how beautiful it looks:



I have used them to seal (temporary) my envelopes. So, here is the whole procedure:


  • I took a blank white paper from a note pad and stamped sentiments from Mixed Greetings white Black Archival Ink as it has to be water proof.

  • The I took Packaging tape or wide cellotape to cover it. In areas where I felt short of the same, I overlapped the cellotapes.

  • Then I cut down the sentiments with a scissor. I took a bowl with some water and immersed the paper in it.


  • Make sure, it gets completely immersed in water for 10-15 min.
  • Start rubbing off the paper gently and make sure there is no paper on the sticky side of the tape, leaving behind the transferred inked image.
  • You will notice, the stickiness is not there now, but it will return once it gets dried again. Yes, it doesnt remain that much sticky but like a washitape.

  • Let it dry for sometime keeping the sticky side upwards.
  • Then use it as you want :) I preferred on envelopes.




Supplies used:

   




Thanks for having patience. 
Happy crafting 

Do not forget to participate in our ongoing challenge:



Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka 

Hugs from

Ria Banerjee

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful bookmarks and super cool stickers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! thanks for the super cool tip on how to make DIY stickerS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Manu do, that was my First try and I am waiting to see yours creations

      Delete
  3. Wow woww wow.! Awesome projects as always Ria.! The blue daisy blooms Stole my heart & Thank you sooo much for sharing this super cool sticker technique.! Can't wait to try it :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much dear ^_^ and I can't wait to see yours creations too

      Delete
  4. All your bookmarks are so beautifully designed, I would take all of them!! Each one with pretty background and stamping. Thank you so much for the awesome tutorial on DIY Stickers, can't wait to try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D thanks so much *hugs* I know you are a bookmark lover like me ;) can't wait to see your beautiful creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creative ideas Ria! Loved the stickers the most! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow woww wow.! Awesome projects as always Ria.! The blue daisy blooms Stole my heart & Thank you sooo much for sharing this super cool sticker technique.! Can't wait to try it :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..Awesome bookmarks and thanks for sharing the cool idea to create stickers using stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow beautiful bookmarks :) love the galaxy background & that wavy background is awesome <3
    Those blue blooms are out of the world, a pop of color :) and thank you so much for the sticker tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great array of bookmarks and stickers Ria - gorgeous work and I agree the sentiments are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda :) Those sentiments are my fav now

      Delete
  11. WOW!! beautiful book marks...And love the idea of stickers..so unique..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool bookmarks Ria!! I made a bunch of them too for my upcoming exhibition. And that sticker idea is fabulous! Gotta try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too made these for an exhibition :P :P as when events come, we get our 'bulk' form ON !! And I gotta see yours stickers too ^_^

      Delete
  13. Awesomeness...As always ...i love your bookmarks and watercolor magic!! Great choice of colors and beautiful composition...That cool sticker idea is such a great punch to the post...Thanks for the tute :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, I love the idea of the stickers! I had no idea you could do that with cellotape! Will definitely have to try it out! The bookmarks are lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mirella :) I hope you will try them soon :)

      Delete