Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Mudra Guest Designer : Sujana

Hi Friends!!

Today we have a Guest Designer at our blog. Sujana, has come up with pretty CAS cards with beautiful backgrounds. We love the way she has used the stamps. Let us hear it from her!





"Hello all!!!!

I am Sujana and I am soo excited to be Guest Designing for Mudra today. A wee bit about myself – I am a proud mom of 2 adorable kids and I run my own After School Activity Centre. My husband has been my strength and support in all endeavours. I have been paper crafting for quite some time now, but Stamping is pretty new to me. Since fancy folds and explosion boxes were my forte, I used stamps only for sentiments. But from the time I got introduced to Mudra…. Image stamping and water colouring has become my favourite. I have been making lots of cards lately…. mostly experimenting but loving it!! Thank you Mudra!



Card 1



For the first card, I have used the Cutie Tweety set, I stamped the images separately on watercolour sheet, coloured with Distress inks and fussy cut them. For the bird house I masked and stamped only the dotted line twice and used it as a stand for the bird house. For the bg, I hand cut a cloud design as a template and inked the bg with tumbled glass DI.  The grass is again hand cut. I wanted some flowers near the grass and what better than the dainty blooms. I stamped, coloured and fussy cut them before arranging it all together.


Card 2



Here for my second card, I actually wanted to make a bookmark for my daughter with “happy girl” since she reads a lot. But this card turned out better with this particular bg. For this card, I stamped the image separately and fussy cut it, so that I can have the girl alone without the swing. For all the intricate parts of the hair and dress, I simply cut on the outline and coloured the gaps with camlin water colour brush pen. For the bg I inked it with peacock feathers and mustard seed, the combo of blue and yellow gave me this beautiful green. Then I blotched it with big water drops and after heat drying it, I splashed some smaller droplets again. The silhouette of the ground is hand cut. Finally I stamped some little stars and the sentiment and drew some grass on the ground with black gel pen.


Card 3


I couldn’t stop with the “happy girl” stamp just there. I wanted to try more, so for this card, I first heat embossed the happy girl in black and inked around her with multiple colours. Then I splashed some droplets and dried it (which wasn’t very obvious) so I splashed some golden paint with a brush. Finally heat embossed the sentiment (from the dainty blooms set) in gold on vellum and mounted on a black card base.

Card 4




For the final card, I wanted to use the polka dot set and also use the Sketch for this month’s challenge. Since its Christmas time too, I combined it all together. For this card, I first clear embossed the polka dots and inked it (peacock feathers + mustard seed). Then I took the card front and die cut the Christmas tree with sizzix die. Then I layered and aligned the polka dots behind the xmas tree and taped it in the sides. Finally I heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and attached to the middle and added two pearls on the sides. Pretty CAS, what do u say.

Hope you all loved the cards and thanks Varshitha for giving me my first opportunity as a Guest Designer at Mudra. "

Such pretty CAS take using Mudra stamps! It seems like we were made to revisit our earlier stamps...So fresh and beautiful. Thank you Sujana, for sharing your talents with us.  

Don't forget to play along our current challenge




Mudra Stamps are available with following Retailers/outlets :

The Craft Shop
Lulupu The Craft Lounge
Craft Adda
Anandha Stationery
The Art & Craft Store, Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
Kat Scrappiness USA


DT call Alert!! Don't miss the opportunity to work with High quality Indian Stamps/Stencils.





22 comments:

  1. Beautiful blending at bg. Awesome intricate fussy cut.Absolutely loved your creations, Sujana :)
    Congratulations on ur GDT spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Sujana ka 😊 superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Sujana! Love the little birdies on the beautiful blended background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ujjwal... soo nice to hear it from u

      Delete
  4. lovely cards Sujana! I loved the home sweet home card the most..:) those flowers are so beautifully coloured..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your cards are just so amazing, Sujana! I love the first one the most. What a fab scene you've created. Love it. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards don't look like you are new to stamping Sujana ;)You have made the stamps shine on your cards ,specially the first one beautiful scene !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely... Looking Beautiful.. inspired with your beautiful works!!!! I really loved it.... want to know how to make??? If u have time please share it... ☝🎉👌🏻💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pabitha... thank you soo much. Will get in touch with u soon.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cards sujana.... Lovely creativity... Really inspired work..... Keep rocking

    ReplyDelete