Saturday, 19 November 2016

Adding Faux Texture To Your Stamped Images | Video Tutorial


Hello everyone! This is Deepti Stephens and thank you so much for stopping by. Today I'm going to show to how to add faux texture, in my case, fur to the images! This adds so much texture, dimension and interest to your images. I used Christmas Release Stamp Sets and stencil which is a new addition to Mudra's family, for my project today.


CARD DETAILS


  1. I took a standard white card stock and another panel which is slightly smaller than the main card base
  2. Next I placed the Geo Pattern stencil on the main card base and applied Festive Berries Distress ink over the stencil with ink blending tool and foam
  3. To save my time I have already stamped the images from Santa and Friends in Archival Jet Black Ink and colored them with Camlin Markers, fussy cut them and kept aside
  4. Here comes the fun part - adding faux texture to your images! I applied a coat of white glue on the parts where I kept uncolored and I let it dry till it becomes a little tacky. I then placed cotton over the glue and pulled it off very quickly just the way we wax our body!
  5. The cotton which is in contact with the glue will remain and the rest of the cotton comes off very easily.
  6. Next onto the smaller panel, I masked off a portion and blended it with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink because I just don't want my images to be floating in the air!!
  7. Next adhered all the images and stamped the sentiment from Christmas Sentiments.
  8. Finally added a few sequins and adhered the panel onto the main card base with foam tape.

And that pretty much finishes the card! ;)

VIDEO

I have made a video for you from start to finish to show how I put this card together. 

        

I hope you liked it and I hope you would give this try and also don't forget to enter your projects to our November Challenge 'Create Backgrounds with Stamps'


Thank you so much for stopping by. See you soon :)

You can shop for Mudra Stamps from the following stores :


The Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai

5 comments: