Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Mudra Guest Designer: Indira Tanwar

Hi all!!!

Today in our blog we have a lovely women and a fabulous crafter, Indira Tanwar!!! Indira is an avid crafter and blogger, she blogs at Arty Sorts. She has a beautiful card making style, makes variety of special fold cards and plays with varied array of colors.. I am so excited to see her projects!!


Over to Indira....


"Hello friends!! My name is Indira Tanwar and I currently reside in Manila, Philippines with my husband and a two year old son. I am passionate about all forms of arts and crafts and I love to try out new things. I blog about my creations at Arty Sorts - Handmade Goodness

I was eyeing Mudra's new stamp releases since quite some time and luckily I had someone coming from India. So I went ahead and ordered a few of my favorite stamps. That is when Varshitha offered me to do a Guest Post for their latest release and I jumped at the opportunity. My association with Varshitha goes back many years when I got my watermark stamp custom made from her. I still use that stamp and it gives a crisp impression each time. I am really happy to see her making great strides in the crafting industry. Wishing Mudra Stamps loads of good luck for the future!!


Card set 1 - Pastel Cards Set






1. I took two 5.5 by 5.5 inches top folding pastel card stocks in pink and green for the card base.
2. Then I stamped the sentiment from Gerbera Blooms Stamp set on a 5 by 5 inch white card stock.
3. Thereafter, I stamped the design around the sentiment with inks matching the respective card bases. I used Ranger Archival Viridian and Rose Madder inks here.
4. For the pink card I stamped the leaf image while on the green one I stamped the outline flower image.
5. To make the 3D flowers, I stamped two sets of flowers on pink and green card stock with Rose Madder and Viridian inks respectively. I used the same ink to stamp the outline and the detailed image of the flower. 
6. To make the 3D flower embellishment, I adhered the two stamped flowers on top of one another.
7. I cut off a few petals from the top stamped image and embossed it with an embossing tool. Then I popped it up with foam dots.
8. Finished off the cards by adding few sequins. 

Card 2 - Tiled Flowers Card


1. I started by cutting four 2 by 2 inch tiles with white card stock. 

2. Stamped the flowers randomly on the tiles to have a different placement on each of them.
3. I used Memento Tuxedo black ink to stamp the outline and Ranger Archival Plum ink for the inner layer. 
4. I wanted a matting for the tiles that matched the color of the flowers, so I smooshed the same Plum ink on white CS.
5. I glued the tiles on this matting and then adhered that on another black piece of card stock.
6. Then I took a golden 5 by 5 inches top folding card base and added the stamped piece on it.
7. Finished off by adding a gold embossed sentiment from Linen Blooms Stamp set and cut it out in the shape of a tag.
8. Added the same golden CS at the back of the sentiment to match the card base.

Card 3 - Tone on Tone Background Card



1. For this card, I took a 4 by 6 inches top folding white textured card stock.

2. Took a sea green card stock piece and stamped 'Love You' repeatedly from Brushed Alphas Stamp set. I used Ranger Archival Viridian ink to create this tone on tone background. 
3. Then I took a plain white CS, slightly smaller than the sea green piece, and stamped the Gerbera flower, leaf and stem using only one layer of the stamps.
4. On a strip of vellum, I heat embossed the 'Love You' sentiment with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. 
5. Glued the white stamped piece on the sea green one, and wound the vellum sentiment strip around it.
6. Lastly, I attached this piece onto the white card base and glued few sequins for an added interest.

Card 4 - Double Gatefold Card







1. For this card I started out with a 6 by 12 inches white card base.

2. Scored it at 2", 4", 8" and 10". 
3. Mountain fold the 2" and 10" score lines, and valley fold the 4" and 8" score lines.
4. Then I stamped the flowers and leaves from the Gerbera Blooms Stamp set on white CS.
5. I first stamped the outline pieces with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Gold embossing powder.
6. For the base layer of the flowers I used Rose Madder ink and for the innermost layer I used Plum ink from Ranger.
7. For the base layer of the leaves I used Leaf Green ink and for the third layer I used Fern Green ink from Ranger.
8. Next, I picked up a few pattern papers from Papermania Blueprint collection and adhered them on to the card base. 
9. I fussy cut all the stamped elements and adhered them on the front panel of the gate fold.
10. The two flowers were glued on the two panels of the gatefold in such a way that they overlapped the other panel on closing.
11. I added two metal brads on two sides of the gatefold to wind the string around it and to create a closure for the card.
12. The twine has to be unwound to open up the card.
13. I stamped the custom sentiment from Brushed Alphas Stamp set on a tag die cut and attached it to one of the brads.
14. Lastly, I added a metal embellishment on two corners of the card front, and glued a die cut in the middle part of the card to have space for the message."

Stamp Set Used: 







Oh those B/W Background with fun colors and gold heat embossing is so eye catching..  See the way she incorporated stamping in the Gateway fold card!! I am sure you all enjoyed seeing her projects.. Get Inspired!! Dont forget to partcipate in our Challenge Here.



Also share us your Mudra Hauls and Projects in our Facebook Group Here.


Mudra Stamps are available at these shops :
Hugs, 
Varshitha

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Indira ,love the variety you created with single stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! such fabulous array of cards! love the paste shades of pink and green. The gatefold card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Indira. Congratulations on GD spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your GD Post Indira ! I love your cards and today's card are no exception ,how beautifully you have created a variety with same stamp.Wonderful idea to create a dimensional flower using stamp.Each one of them is so beautifully made difficult to pick a favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Indira!! I must say flower cards always a treat to watch!! These are beautiful1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Indira :) love each & every one of those, so classy & elegant they are <3 <3 <3 And congrats on your Guest designing :) :)

    ReplyDelete