Saturday, 13 August 2016

My Hero!

Hello everyone! This is Deepti Stephens from Catchy Design and welcome back! Today I would like to show you two cards, one with a pictorial and another with a video tutorial, featuring the brand new stamp sets from Mudra called 'The Man' and 'Decorative Alphas'. I must say, this stamp set is perfect for creating masculine cards! Masculine cards aren't very easy to create but if you have a proper design and color scheme you can nail it! Today I'm sharing a kind of fun and funky masculine cards and let's get started!


I will be sharing a step by step tutorial on how I made this card! 


Take a piece of card stock and a pattern paper of your choice. Since I'll be doing the masculine design I chose this striped card stock from my stash.


Next I took another panel which is a smaller one and draw a few lines just to resemble like a note book! I drew the lines with the help of the grids on my cutting mat and with a plastic crayon.


Next I stamped DAD on to the lines which I drew earlier with Archival Jet Black Ink.


Next I mix match and stamped the sentiments from 'Purely Sentiments Brushed' stamp set with the same Archival jet Black Ink. I adhered all the panels together.



On to another piece of card stock I stamped the goggles with Versafine Sepia Ink and the little heart (which is included in 'The Man' stamp set) with Carnation Red Archival Ink. Fussy cut them and adhered them right at the bottom and top of the panel. 


To add more shine to the elements I applied generous amount of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.


And that's it! Simple design, right? You can make cards out of these stamps in minutes! And I hope you would give this a try!

Fun One Layer Card | Video


Here is the funky one layer card. I love the colors so much! As you can see I didn't do great with the stamping and it doesn't bother me because I wanted to have that kind of irregular and sketchy feel and look to my card. But if you didn't stamp well and you are not satisfied with the stamping, do not panic just take a permanent marker and go very slowly and carefully along the lines!


I used two types of inks - pigment inks and archival inks for my project. I must admit that the pigment inks gives such a crisp impression and I think they enhance the beauty of the design! Can you see that grey ink? It's actually an ink from Versafine Onyx black ink, it has lost it's juiciness and I don't want to refill it again and hence I'm using it as my grey ink!


VIDEO : I have filmed a video from start to finish. I have shared how I cut my card stock, how I score it, how I trim it and how I build the design.


And that's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. Take care and I will see you very soon. Bye!

7 comments:

  1. Such cute Masculine creations Deepti! Love the Sepia goggles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..Yes You have nailed it Deepti ;) ! Loved the fun element on both the cards a ot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Deepti. And that masculine card in colors is wow, lovely!! Hugs dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just brilliant, Deepti. So trendy and funky. ,

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just brilliant, Deepti. So trendy and funky. ,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful masculine cards Deepti.!

    ReplyDelete